TAIT Knowledge Series, 30th January 2016
Trade Association of Information Technology, TAIT Mumbai launched the much awaited project, the TAIT Paathshaala on January 30, 2016 at Matunga Gymkhana. Rushabh Shah, TAIT President who was instrumental in conceptualisation of this project took the initiative in conducting the first edition of this project titled Office Suites and Spreadsheet productivity.
- Rushabh Shah, a science graduate with post-graduation in computer programming and a MBA in marketing was the trainer. Having started in 1987 as a IT trainer, Rushabh has trained thousands of students.
- Rushabh covered the different types of Office suites (collection of programs comprising of a word processor, spreadsheet and presentation software). He explained the merits, demerits of these packages and also educated members of licensing needs of these programs He also gave a brief idea how the technological world has changed since introduction of Libreoffice, WPS office, Linux, Thunderbird mail which has preceded outlook, VLookup etc. Paresh Agawne, technical manager, HTP Global systems remarked that attending the workshop helped him immensely in understanding different options and compliance issues.
- He went on to cover important productivity features of spreadsheets with live examples and demos in an interactive manner. Commands like Vlookup, IF, Pivot Tables, Charts, conditional formatting, etc were demonstrated. Use of excel sheet by using effective short cut keys for simplistic approach to complete the given task/programs. e.g – use of pivot table to segregate company, brand name ,quantity, amount etc. Our members and directors of TAIT also asked Mr. Rushabh Shah about their queries, which was promptly answered by him. Further Mr. Shah offered to solve any more such office related queries on his mobile and email-id.
- Said Prakash from Micronics System Services that this was an amazing session and it has helped him immensely. Deepak Sachdeva of RX Infotech mentioned that his objective of attending the workshop was to have insight into conditional formatting. Ajay Parekh of Shreemat computers said that such workshops are very essential. Ketan of V-Intech remarked that the various functions and concepts will make his spreadsheet usage more faster and productive. TAIT directors, Kripashankar Chaube, Parag Shah and Viren Bavishi were amongst the members who attended the workshop.
- Mr. Rushabh Shah concluded the session with vote of thanks to participant members and invited them for upcoming Pathshala sessions. TAIT has planned several such workshops during this year covering a host of topics in hardware software, soft skills training and a few specialised training sessions.